Friday, August 28, 2009

KINDERGARTEN

Ty was so excited for Kindergarten. Mainly, I think, because he was going to be in the same school as his cousins Abby and Lexi.
I didn't cry, (he goes to daycare 3 days a week so this is nothin' new). I did get choked up when, as it was time to walk into the classroom, he got a bit nervous. He asked if I could go with him. I really wanted to, because his little face looked sick. I was so happy he still let me give him a hug & kiss and was glad to have me there. However, after school I met him to make sure he was going to get on the right bus to the daycare (I took the day off). When I got there he yelled "No, Mom you said I could ride the bus." Not excited at all to see me, but he's never ridden a bus and that was what he looked forward to the most. I let him ride and followed the bus to pick him up. Today was the second day (Here it's Kindergarten Mon, Wed and every other Fri all day) on the way he said "Mom the next one is 1st grade, then how many "nexts" are there?" I told him at least 20 more years, but after the 13 he goes to college and doesn't live with Mom and Dad. He said he would still live with me in college -- I'll remind him as a teenager he said that. 13 years doesn't seem so far away!! I wish time would go slower. For now I just have to figure out what to do with Bryton while he's gone. She was so sad when he got out of the car today.


3 comments:

The Hammond Family Blog said...

Wow!!! You have to love their desire for independence. You'll have a blast with Bryton now. Read her "Pinkalicious" and have a pink party with her!!!

Anonymous said...

Abby asked her teacher today if she could keep the door open that her cousin wants to see her. Ty walked bye and yelled abby. After for time ms rowland said abby go give him a hug then shut the door......very cute. Ms rowland said she had to look away it was so funny.

Ashton & Co. said...

He's so cute. It's crazy when your kids start going to school. Time will go even faster, now! I'm glad he had a good first day experience!