Monday, September 14, 2009

O - H .....I - O!!! FRIENDS AND FOOTBALL!

So I absolutely love watching sports, especially football - as long as it's college (No Pro) and after much coaxing finally convinced Zach we needed to go to Columbus for the OSU/USC game. I got to catch up with old attendings, see a lot of friends, and eat at all of my favorite places. Zach and the Ormes ate at Adriaticos the first lunch there, but since I didn't want heart burn and stomach pain for 2 weeks I opt'ed for Panera. (thanks Kelly for the great company) It was so great to get to go back to the university, but now not as a student. However, I would have to say I'm jealous of Elmores who recently moved back, for reals, and if it took being a student to be back there I would be up for it. It was fun to see you guys. One of my favorites there was Rusty Buckets. For any of you that never ate there, you missed out. So when you go visit you need to stop in (Lane Ave) at least for lunch and order their chicken fingers. YUMMY. They are famous for their fried pickles -- but I don't like pickles. So I've never had them. Spencer and Amy had them though and seemed to think they were pretty good.Zach bought stupid shirts. Look closely. I would have to say the Adriaticos was okay but the Handels was stupid. I think it magically needs to disappear.

It honestly is the best ice cream.

Elmores, Ormes and us at Handels. (zach's dumb shirt)
We couldn't go all the way to Columbus and not get their ice cream, and I'm not even a big fan of ice cream - except Handels. I know spouse like a house is a common favorite among the buckeye ladies, but I went with the black raspberry chunk.


106,033 in the stadium that night. It was so loud in there. Oh yeah - except at the end when we lost. You could have heard a pin drop. Serious.
Mirror Lake -- I never was a crazy one to jump in this in November for Michigan Week!!! Let alone naked like a lot of people! --- maybe if it was summer :-) j/k

Brutus heading to the game

O-H-I-O in front of the Shoe!

One of the highlights --- Greg Oden. I was honestly this far from him. The camera is NOT on
zoom!!! The lady with the brown long hair standing in front of him is the athletics dentist (Dr. Mendel) for all athletes at OSU. She took care of him when he fell hitting his chin during the Tennessee game during March Madness and damaged a tooth.

TBDBITL entering the field

If you look close you can see they are spelling Ohio for both sides of the stadium.
Bucks getting ready. We were under an awning for our seats so it's deceiving what the stadium really looks like. If you look across the field you can't even see the B and C decks.


Script Ohio
Brutus

The band playing during the third quarter.
End of the game. Zach was actually not as upset as I thought. I guess because this year we lost by fewer than 30 points :-)
After the game and the wrap up of the flag. Final score 15 to 18 USC I was so sad. I can't believe we were that close and Tressel can't pull through. Come on Tressl - Carroll totally would have attempted the 50 yard field goal attempt. I know everyone is a huge Tressel fan if you're a Buckeye, but I'm over him. He lost the game for the team -- not the players. If I was the offense I would be offended by the way he makes them play.
But all together the best vacation I've taken, maybe next time we can pull off the W though.

7 comments:

AMY MICHELLE said...

I was excited to see you had posted your trip! It was so much fun to catch-up with you guys. I am jealous that you got to go to the game... I guess I still have some time to get another chance. Thanks for introducing us to Rusty Buckets, I will think of you guys next time we go.
Hope you can talk to Zach into coming to another game next year and we can see you again. Or even better talk him into coming on the cruise when that happens:) So I am going to have to steal some of the pictures off you blog next time I post. GOOD TIMES!

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I love that you love watching football so much and are such huge fans of your college. That's so fun! CUte pics of you guys.

Noelle and Corey said...

We are SO JEALOUS!! I forgot about Adriatico's! Next time we go, I have to eat Chinese at Mark Pi's. Man, I miss that place!! Maybe we'll do a reunion in Columbus next year and go to a game. That's what the Class of 2004 did. But I was also thinking a CE cruise would make a great, tax-deductible reunion! Which sounds better?

Sweet Tooth said...

i loved going to panera with you! i wish we would have had more time. guess ill have to come out and visit!

Johnson Fam said...

So jealous you got to be in Columbus for the game...despite the loss of course. Looks like you had a great time. The pics are great!

Robin said...

Um, hello...thanks for stopping by to say hi!
Glad you had a fun trip!

The Neeleys said...

Oh, I am so jealous! i didn't know you guys went back...HOW FUN! We miss you guys and all the fun times in OHIO! Too bad for the Buckeyes but we love em anyway! And just for the record, we are mostly jealous for your visit to Handels...yum!