Sunday, October 26, 2008

the weekend update

So this weekend was fun. Friday, Zach and I went to dinner with a new orthodontist in town (who I've met once before) and his wife. I was nervous meeting her -- but it turns out she was awesome and so much fun!! Plus, it was nice to just be out with Zach, without kids, having only adults to talk to.
Saturday, Ty woke up and wanted to decorate (det-tour-ate) sugar cookies. So, I called my long lost friend from high school (who found me through the crazy world of blogging) , Jamie, and had her and her daughter come over to decorate. It was good to catch up. We haven't seen each other for about 7 years and it turns out we don't even live too far from each other now. Anyway, I got my camera out to take pictures of the fun, but forgot to use it once Jamie and I got talking. I did grab some of Bryton before they got to our place. (Of course she has to decorate all by herself.) The mess is crazy - but the kids love it. I usually only do these types of cookies for Halloween, Valentines, and Easter just because of the mess.

Loading the Frosting

Frosting the Ghost Cookie

Figuring out it's faster and easier to just eat the frosting off the knife

And here comes the sugar rush



A quick mention to Saturday night :-( We went to the Bulls Head (a pub/restuarant where all buckeye fans in the treasure valley meet to watch the games) with Erik, Melissa and our kids to watch the Penn St/OSU game. It was fun to hang out with our Buckeye Buddies along with about 30 other total stranger that are immediately your best friend (that school spirit is sure strong among the Bucks)! Fun 'til the end. Yep, we lost!! Come on Tressel, seriously!!

Then Sunday we ran over to Zach's parents to help them stack wood. We had to bribe Ty to help -- but as usual Bryton was ready to try things beyond her ability.

Ty's cousin loading him up

So tough

Getting bored so having to improvise to keep him working

Bryton had to use my glove -- since she saw me using it - to carry her wood

A little too ambitious don't ya think Bree??

Almost done!

One last post (I know this is forever long), and I have to give some background first. Both of my pregnancies I had horrible heartburn. Especially towards the end. So, I bought the huge bottles of TUMS from Sam's Club, and of course went through like three of them each pregnancy. At the end of my pregnancy with Bryton, I was eating them often. Ty thought they looked good and wanted some everytime I ate them. So, I told him (& and had to keep reminding him) he couldn't have any because they were medicine for mommies with babies in their tummies. Then, I would follow that statement up with a usual complaint like " I just want this baby out of me!!!" or " when is this baby coming!!" So the other day I had Ty and his cousin Lexi in Winco with me and we walked down the aisle with the Tums in it, and I heard Ty turn to Lexi and say "This is the medicine mommies take when they want a baby to get out of their tummies!!!" It's funny how kids interpret things and how they pick up on stuff!!! I had to giggle. I love you Tyger, all the days!

Lt to Rt, Lexi Grace Ty Abbie Marc


4 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

cute pictures! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Love Ty's comment about Tums. What a cute thing to write down and remember!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for inviting us to the wood party. I always love going to M&K's. Sorry about your Buckeyes. Isaac was cheering them on the whole way. After it was over he told Gabe, "I bet Uncle Zach is mad" Gabe responded in "I bet your right"
Ty cracks me up:) He remembers everything.

The Neeleys said...

What is up with those Buckeyes?... sad. Cute pictures though, and I love the story of Ty and the Tums, so hillarious!

Jamie said...

Thanks so much for having us over to decorate cookies, they were so good!!! I had so much fun coming to your house and being able to see you and catch up on lost time. We for sure need to do something again soon. Ava had so much fun with Ty, and that little Bryton what a cutie!!!