Sunday, November 29, 2009

Polar Express

I know the day after Thanksgiving is supposed to be for shopping, but I tried that last year and it was miserable. So, this year we took the kids to the "North Pole" on the Polar Express Train.Getting ready to go. The kids were so excited to go to Santa's house. Bryton just thought being on the train was neat.Grinch 1 and Grinch 2On the way we sang Christmas songs with Jingle Bells and it was a tantrum when we had to give them back.Polar Express

Looking out the window at Santa's house as we arrived.

Telling Santa what to bring.
Bryton actually wasn't scared of Santa - just mad she wasn't getting a candy cane immediately!
Oops, Ty forgot a present and had to go back.
I think the kids had a great time (I did), and what a fun and magical memory to have.

3 comments:

Noelle and Corey said...

What a great idea. I can't handle the Black Friday madness either, but taking a train ride is much more memorable than sitting at home like I did! Good for you guys!!

AMY MICHELLE said...

We went last year and made some great memories... looks like you guys did too! I am sure it was a lot more fun than fighting crowds at the stores.

Chris and Kat said...

We went on the Pumpkin Liner last year. It was great fun! I am glad the Polar Express was fun.